The full form of B. Pharma. is the Bachelor of Pharmacy. It is an academic degree for a bachelor’s in pharmacy. The B. Pharmacy studies different subjects like drug safety, discovery, medical chemistry, industrial pharmacy, etc. This degree is for individuals interested in becoming pharmacists.
Advantages of B Pharma. (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
There are various advantages to pursuing a B.Pharma. Degree. Some of them are given below:
- The degree gives an individual the sense of knowledge of how what and where to use which allopathic medicines.
- The candidate gains knowledge about the uses of medicinal plants through this degree.
- An individual also has the opportunity to start a career in the life sciences industry after pursuing a BPharm degree.
- The B.Pharm. degree proves that the individual is technically qualified & graduate.
- Pursuing B.Pharm. helps gain a licence to dispense allopathic medicines, making them a registered Pharmacist.
Types of B. Pharma. (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
The B. Pharm. is an undergraduate or a bachelor’s degree programme where the students are taught the basics of pharmacy. The subjects like human anatomy, pharmaceutical analysis, human anatomy and physiology, pharmaceutical engineering, pharmacology, industrial pharmacy, and various other subjects are taught to the students to understand the subject better.
B. Pharma. (Bachelor of Pharmacy): Eligibility
The students who are interested in pursuing the B. PPharm. need to know the eligibility criteria for this exam. The eligibility criteria are given below:
- The students must clear their 10+2 with the subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology as their compulsory subjects.
- The minimum percentage for admission to this course is a minimum of 50 per cent marks in the qualifying examination.
- The students who have completed their three-year diploma in pharmacy or D. Pharma are also eligible to pursue the B. Pharmacy.
B. Pharma. (Bachelor of Pharmacy): Admissions
Students interested in the admission for B. Pharmacy must have the required percentage of 10+2, and in the qualifying examination, that is 50 per cent. Students can either give the national level entrance examination for B. Pharma. or other state-level examinations such as TS EAMCET, AP EAMCET, BCECE, and WBJEE.
The top B. Pharma. Examinations
There are various examinations for a student to pursue the B. Pharma.
Some of the most popular entrance examinations for the B. Pharmacy are mentioned below:
- BITSAT – The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
- AP EAMCET – The Andhra Pradesh Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test
- MAH AAC CET – The Maharashtra AAC Common Entrance Test
- MET – The Manipal Entrance Test
- GITAM GAT – GITAM Admission Test
- TS EAMCET – The Telangana State Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test
- UPSEE – The Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination
The subjects for B. Pharma.
- The Human Anatomy and Physiology
- The Pharmaceutical Analysis
- The Computer Applications in Pharmacy
- The Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- The Physical Pharmaceutics
- The Medicinal Chemistry
- The Industrial Pharmacy
- The Quality Assurance
- The Herbal Drug Technology
- Pharmacokinetics, Biopharmaceutics
Top colleges for B. Pharma
The top colleges for the B. Pharma in India are given as follows:
- The Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- The Poona College of Pharmacy, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune
- The Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- the Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- The Government College of Pharmacy, Amravati
- The SRM College of Pharmacy, Kattankulathur
B. Pharma. Salary
The salary of the B. Pharmacy depends on the profession which the student has chosen.
- The entry-level salary: Rs. 25,000
- The Mid-Level Salary: Rs. 60,000
- The Top – Level salary: Rs. 1 lakh and above
Scope of B. Pharma. (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
- There is scope in the Government sector for B.Pharm.
- Also, there is scope in the Private sector.
- Higher Education
- MBA as an option
- Ph. D.
Career Opportunities after B. Pharma. (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
- Can work as a Chemical Technician.
- Can be a Drug Inspector.
- Work as a Health Inspector
- Can be a Pharmacist
- Can be a Research Officer
D. Pharma or B. Pharma
D. Pharma is a diploma course in the pharmacy field. It is a 2-year diploma course whereas B. Pharma is a four-year graduation course. In India, graduation courses have more value than diploma courses, so B. Pharma is a more beneficial course than D. Pharma. Most D. Pharma holders pursue B. Pharma courses.
Q. What is the salary of a student in Pharmacy?
Ans: The salary of the B. Pharmacy depends on the profession which the student has chosen.
The entry-level salary: Rs. 25,000
The Mid-Level Salary: Rs. 60,000
The Top – Level salary: Rs. 1 lakh and above
Q. Which field is the best in pharmacy?
Ans: The best field depends on what the student wants to achieve in their career.
Q. Is mathematics required in Pharmacy?
Ans: Mathematics subject is not compulsory for the pharmacy but in one semester the
students might be required to study it.
Q: Can pharmacists become doctors?
Ans: No, pharmacists cannot become doctors after completing their B. Pham or M. Pharm.
- NEET UG counselling process 2022
- What is the Difference between NEET UG and NEET PG?
- JEE Main Syllabus 2022- Download NTA JEE Syllabus PDFs
- Dance syllabus for CBSE class 12
- CBSE Class 12 Entrepreneurship Syllabus: Everything You Need to Know
- New CBSE Class 12 Fine Arts Syllabus Includes 2022-23
- Syllabus of Class 10 Carnatic Music Melodic Instruments – Complete Coverage
- CBSE Board Class XII 12th Music Melodic Instruments Syllabus & Music Theory notes