B.Sc Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) Courses, Admissions, Eligibility, Syllabus
B.Sc Nursing full form: B.Sc is graduation in a science stream, mostly students from science backgrounds prefer B.Sc. B.Sc is a three-year graduation degree. After passing the 12th aspirant can do B.Sc as a higher study.
A candidate who wants to become a nurse can pursue a B.Sc in nursing. B.Sc NSG stands for Bachelor of Science in Nursing. It is a four-year graduation study.
B.Sc nursing is a course belonging to the healthcare sector. There is a huge scope of B.Sc nursing in India and other countries.
Students who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology as a major subject in their senior secondary can apply for B.Sc Nursing, and candidates holding GNM diplomas can also pursue B.Sc Nursing.
B.Sc Nursing Eligibility
- Candidates should have studied physics, chemistry and biology as a major subject in 11th and 12th.
- The candidate should have secured 50% in the 12th board exam.
- The candidate should have studied English as a major subject in 12th standard.
- B.Sc Nursing exam.
Some colleges organise entrance exams for B.Sc Nursing. Below is the list of the exams that a B.Sc Nursing aspirant can give to become eligible to get admission to the prestigious B.Sc nursing college.
- ITM NEST
- IGNOU OpenNet
B.Sc Nursing Syllabus
From 11th class:
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human physiology
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and the Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Some p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- Physical-world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- The motion of the System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
From 12th class:
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and environment
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p- Block Elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
Types of Nursing Degree
There are lots of types of nursing degrees that aspirants can pursue.
|Types of B.Sc Degree||Duration|
|B.Sc Nursing (Basic)||4-year|
|B.Sc Nursing (Post basic)||2-year|
|M.Phil in Nursing||1 year|
BSC Nursing Equal to MBBS?
No, BSC nursing is a 4-year course in which the candidate is trained in caring for patients and some medical skills, but MBBS is a 5-year course in which the candidate is trained to become a doctor. Nurse work is to assist the doctor and help the patient to heal quickly.
BSC or GNM
GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery. GNM is a diploma, whereas BSC is graduation. It is a 3 year + half-year course, whereas BSC is a four-year course.
Q. Is the B.Sc Nursing syllabus the same as the NCERT Book syllabus?
Ans: Yes, the chapters are the same as the 12th NCERT chapter, but for NEET, you need to read these chapters in more detail.
Q. What are the important topics for biology in the B.Sc Nursing exam?
Ans: All topics are important for the preparation of NEET, but Genetics, Cell Biology, Morphology, Ecology & Environment, Basics of Biotechnology, Reproduction, and Physiology of Animals & Plants are the most important topics.
Q. What is the average salary of a nurse?
Ans: The salary of a nurse depends on the organisation, experience and degree, but the average salary of a nurse in India is 3.2 lakh per annum.
Q. Can a B.Sc nursing holder join the Indian army?
Ans: After B.Sc nursing, you can join the Indian army. In the Indian army, there are many posts for nurses.
- Dance syllabus for CBSE class 12
- CBSE Class 12 Entrepreneurship Syllabus: Everything You Need to Know
- New CBSE Class 12 Fine Arts Syllabus Includes 2022-23
- Syllabus of Class 10 Carnatic Music Melodic Instruments – Complete Coverage
- CBSE Board Class XII 12th Music Melodic Instruments Syllabus & Music Theory notes