BMM Full Form
BMM Full Form: The full form of BMM is Bachelor of Mass Media. The B.M.M. is a three-year undergraduate Mass Communications programme. It covers all different subjects related to communication and its mediums such as newspaper, radio, television and many more in the three-year course conducted over the six semesters.
The course is divided into theoretical and practical knowledge for the candidates in the first two years of the course. While in the final year, the candidates have to undergo internships or on-the-job training. The institutes also allow the candidates to choose the specialisations like journalism, advertising and public relations after the second year, but this varies from one institute to another.
The B.M.M. can open a plethora of career opportunities for candidates interested in media. Those who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Media should have communication, creativity, analytical, and problem-solving skills. The B.M.M. graduates can get a job as a journalist on a top news channel, or the individual can work as a writer.
Highlights of B.M.M.
- Level: Undergraduate level
- Duration of this course: 3 years
- Field: Media
- Fees for this course: Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 90,000
- Job Opportunities: News Reporter, Editor, Writer, Video Journalist, Anchor, Correspondent, News Analyst
- Salary: Rs. 150,000 to Rs. 300,000
Advantages of B.M.M.
The B.M.M. offers so many different career opportunities to the candidates as media is one of the strongest pillars of society. Those who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Mass Media should have communication, creativity, analytical, and problem-solving skills. They should have an eye for detail. B.M.M. can open a plethora of career opportunities for candidates interested in the field of media. The B.M.M. graduates can get a job as a journalist on a top news channel or writer. Hence, candidates have various areas after completing the B.M.M. degree.
The B.M.M. Degree is an undergraduate Mass Communication level.
The candidates applying for the B.M.M. Degree should know the eligibility criteria of B.M.M.
The Eligibility Criteria for BMM
- The candidates must have cleared the 10+2 or equivalent examination with a specialisation in any of the areas of Arts, Science and Commerce.
- Also, the candidates must have at least 50 per cent marks in the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- The minimum age limit to apply for this course is 17 years.
Admissions in BMM
The admissions to the B.M.M. course are based on the candidates’ scores on their 10+2 or equivalent examination and entrance test conducted by different institutes. Most colleges conduct their entrance test to select the candidates for the course. The entrance exam contains questions from English and Communication Skills, General Knowledge, Creative Thinking, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Economics. Many colleges or Group discussions also conduct personal interviews after completing the entrance test to select the candidates. Candidates who qualify all the rounds involved in the admission process of an institute get admission to the Institute.
Top BMM Entrance Exams
An entrance test known as the MM Entrance Test is conducted as a pen-paper entrance test of 1 hour 45 minutes. The test contains multiple-choice questions divided into seven sections that are –
- Current Affairs
- Data interpretation
- General Knowledge
- Logical Reasoning and Critical Analysis & Creative Thinking
- Comprehension Skills and English Language
- The exam contains no negative markings.
- The candidates wishing to appear for the exam must register online before its deadlines.
The salary of a B.M.M. graduate ranges from 2 lacs to 7 lacs per annum. A fresher with a B.M.M. degree may have an annual salary package of 2 -2.4 lacs, but the salary can be increased based on experience. A graduate can earn 6-7 lacs per annum with an experience of five-six years.
Scope of BMM
- Work for the Television
- Can join the News Channels
- Work as a web Journalism
- Can work as a public relations
- Can work in the Research field
- In the Filmmaking
- In Editing
- The Direction
- The Publishing
- The Production
- The Advertising and Marketing
- As the PR and Branding
Colleges for B.M.M
- SCM-Sophia, Social Communications Media Department, Mumbai
- Manipal School of Communication, Manipal
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune
- Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media, Bengaluru
- Gogamukh College, Dhemaji
Careers Opportunities after BMM
The News Reporter
The News Analyst
The Freelance Writer
B.M.M or B.M.S
B.M.S stands for Bachelor in Management Studies, it is a course in the management field. It is popular among commerce background students whereas B.M.M is a mass media course whereas B.M.M course is popular among Science, Commerce and Arts.
B.B.M or B.M.S
B.B.M’s full form is Bachelor of Business Studies, mostly commerce students pursue B.B.M courses. It is a 4-year graduation course. This course deals with business management, company process and financial issues.
- JEE Main 2022 Number of Attempts – How Many Times Can We Give JEE Main
- JEE Main Cutoff 2022 – Check Qualifying Cut-offs for NITs, IIITs
- BUMS: Full Form, Courses, Admission Process, Subjects
Q: What is B.M.M.?
Ans: Bachelor of Mass Media(B.M.M.) is a 3-year undergraduate degree in Mass Communication.
Q. Who can do a B.M.M. course?
Ans: The candidates who have cleared the 10+2 or equivalent examination with a specialisation in any of the areas of Arts, Science and Commerce are eligible for the B.M.M. course.
Q: What are the career options after B.M.M.?
Ans: The B.M.M. Graduates have different career options like Journalist, Columnist, News Reporter, Editor, Content Writer, Director, Business Consultant and many more.
Q.What is the starting salary of B.M.M. Graduates?
Ans: The starting salary of B.M.M. graduates can be from 2 to 2.4 lacs.
- Dance syllabus for CBSE class 12
- CBSE Class 12 Entrepreneurship Syllabus: Everything You Need to Know
- New CBSE Class 12 Fine Arts Syllabus Includes 2022-23
- Syllabus of Class 10 Carnatic Music Melodic Instruments – Complete Coverage
- CBSE Board Class XII 12th Music Melodic Instruments Syllabus & Music Theory notes