Step into the magical realm of science with CUET! Today, talk about the CUET Syllabus designed exclusively for our science students.
Whether you’re a math whiz, a chemistry buff, a physics enthusiast, or a biology geek, CUET has something for everyone. The syllabus is crafted to boost your understanding of these core subjects, preparing you for a bright future.
And it doesn’t end with textbooks! Our curriculum will also lead you to research methodologies, lab tricks, and decoding complex data. So, gear up to imbibe knowledge and critical thinking skills.
Now, let’s look closer at what’s in store for you.
If you aim to ace the CUET (UG) 2023 exam, it’s time to befriend your 12th NCERT syllabus. CUET 2023 will be an online adventure, a computer-based test that lets you prove your mettle from the comfort of your home. This CUET Syllabus-2023 for Science Students has been curated to help you understand maths, physics, chemistry, and biology, ensuring you’re armed and ready to crack the entrance exam.
What’s new in the CUET Exam Pattern?
Have you heard the news? The number of questions to be attempted in CUET has been trimmed down. This means less burden on our shoulders and more time to focus on each question.
There’s more to look forward to! Instead of squeezing everything into one go, the CUET will be conducted in three exam slots. This allows us to plan our approach better and take the exam at our preferred time.
You now have the freedom to pick the largest of 10 subjects from all three sections. This is a fantastic opportunity to play to our strengths and choose the subjects we’re most comfortable with.
To help you better understand, I’ve compiled a quick overview of the CUET syllabus in the table below. Remember, you can ace the CUET with the right strategy and focused preparation. Keep up the spirit, and give it your best shot!
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|CUET-2023 Exam Date||21st to 31st May 2023|
|Exam Pattern||Objective type with Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Sections||3 Sections|
|Duration||Five marks for the correct answer|
|Marks per question||5 marks for the correct answer|
|Negative Marks||-1 mark for the incorrect answer|
|Language (any one of the 13 languages opted in Section IA) mark||200|
|Domain-Specific Subjects (Max. 2 subjects)||200|
Section Wise CUET-2023 Exam Syllabus
Aspirants can expect questions from class 8 & onwards. You will have questions on language and the general test syllabus. According to the CUET examination pattern, the entrance examination consists of four parts:
Part 1A: Language Test
Part 1B: Language Test
Part 2: Domain-Specific Testing
Part 3: General Aptitude Test
The CUET Syllabus Part 2 covers Class 12 subjects.
Aspirants can find the CUET syllabus 2023 for Science courses here.
Let’s determine what subjects a science aspirant can choose for the CUET exam.
CUET Syllabus 2023 for Science Aspirants(Domain Specific)
Step right into the arena of scientific learning because it’s time to unveil the CUET 2023 syllabus tailored for you, science aficionados! The journey of turning your scientific dreams into reality starts here, and we’re with you every step of the way.
CUET Syllabus for Science Aspirants has been crafted like a well-woven fabric that covers all corners of the scientific domain, whether it’s the charm of mathematics, the mysteries of physics, the reactions in chemistry, or the life secrets in biology. Not to mention the digital wizardry of computer science, the exploration of our environment, or the art of engineering graphics.
- Biology/Biological Studies/Biotechnology/Biochemistry
- Computer Science/Informatics Practices
- Environmental Studies
- Engineering Graphics
CUET Exam Pattern 2023 – Mathematics, Physics Chemistry Biology
Mathematics Syllabus for CUET-2024
If you’re like me and have a special place in your heart for Mathematics, this is for you! Mathematics, the queen of all sciences, is about much more than numbers. It’s about patterns, proofs, problem-solving, and the joy of discovery. And guess what? All this and more is packed into the CUET Math Syllabus for 2023.
By providing a datailed summary of the syllabus, you will gain insight into the attractive area of techniques for solving problems, proofs in mathematics, and data analysis.
The best part? It’s not about rote memorization but about applying critical thinking and analytical skills to solve complex problems. Now that sounds like an exciting challenge, doesn’t it?
For all the aspiring CUET champions out there, here’s your treasure – the complete CUET Mathematics Syllabus.
We’ve made sure to mention all the chapters along with their topics to give you a clear roadmap for your preparation. Buckle up, it’s time to embark on this mathematical journey!
Without further ado, let’s dive right into the syllabus presented in the table below. And remember, the only way to learn Mathematics is to do Mathematics!
Mathematics Syllabus for CUET
Stay curious and keep exploring!
- Relations and Functions
- Relations and Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Function
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Applications of Derivatives
- Differential Equations
- Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming
- Numbers, Quantification and Numerical Applications
- Modulo Arithmetic
- Congruence Modulo
- Allegation and Mixture
- Numerical Problems
- Probability Distributions
- Probability Distribution
- Mathematical Expectation
- Index Numbers and Time-Based Data
- Index Numbers
- Construction of Index Numbers
- Test of Adequacy of Index Numbers
- Financial Mathematics
- Perpetuity, Sinking Funds
- Valuation of Bonds
- Calculation of EMI
- Linear Method of Depreciation
- Linear Programming
- Introduction and related terminology
- Mathematical Formulation of Linear Programming
- Problem Different Types of Linear Programming
- Problems Graphical Method of Solution for Problems in two Variables
- Feasible and Infeasible Regions
- Feasible and infeasible solutions, optimal feasible solution
Physics Syllabus for CUET-2023
Are you ready to explore the fundamental nature of the universe with Physics? Yes, we’re talking about the Physics syllabus for the CUET 2023!
Physics can be intimidating for some, but fret not, because I’m here to make it as friendly and exciting as possible. The CUET Physics Syllabus is meticulously designed to give you a clear understanding of the concepts, principles, and applications of Physics. Not just that, it will also help you sharpen your analytical and problem-solving skills.
For all the enthusiastic learners out there who are on the lookout for the CUET Physics syllabus, you’re at the right place. We’ve got the entire syllabus covered for you, chapter by chapter, topic by topic.
- Electric charges and their conservation
- Electric field
- Electric flux
- Electric potential
- Conductors and insulators
- Current Electricity
- Electric current
- Carbon resisters
- Internal resistors of cell
- Kirchhoff ’s laws
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Magnetic field,
- Oersted’s experiment,
- Biot Ampere’s law,
- Current loop
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Displacement Currents
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Reflection, Refraction
- Mirrors and lenses
- Optical instruments
- Wave optics
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Photoelectric effect
- Hertz and Lenard’s observations
- Einstein’s photoelectric equation
- Matter waves
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Energy bands in solids
- Communication Systems
- Elements of a communication system
- Bandwidth of signals
- Propagation of electromagnetic waves
- Need for modulation
- Production and detection of an amplitude-modulated wave
Chemistry cuet Syllabus 2023
Ready to explore the magical world of elements, compounds, and reactions? If yes, then you’re in the right place. The CUET Chemistry Syllabus 2023 is ready and waiting for you!
Chemistry is not a subject; it’s a whole universe within itself. The beauty of chemistry is that it gives us a deep understanding of the world around us. How stuff changes, new substances are formed, and life exists – all these mysteries are solved through chemistry.
If you’re an aspirant looking for the CUET Chemistry Syllabus, your search ends here. We have detailed each chapter and topic of the CUET Chemistry syllabus to help you prepare better for your exam. Remember, it’s not about mugging up the concepts but understanding them and knowing how to apply them in real-life scenarios.
So, buckle up, folks! Grab your lab coats and safety goggles as we dive into the world of atoms, molecules, reactions, and more.
Here’s the much-awaited CUET Chemistry Syllabus for you!
CUET Chemistry Syllabus
- Solid State
- Classification of solids based on different binding forces
- Types of solutions,
- expression of concentration of solutions of solids in liquids
- the solubility of gases in liquids,
- solid solutions
- colligative properties – the relative lowering of vapour pressure,
- Raoult’s law
- the elevation of B.P.,
- depression of freezing point,
- osmotic pressure,
- determination of molecular masses using colligative properties,
- abnormal molecular mass,
- Vant Hoff factor.
- Electro chemistry
- Redox reactions
- Kohlrausch’s Law
- Relation between Gibbs energy change and EMF of a cell,
- fuel cells;
- Chemical Kinetics
- Rate of a reaction
- Factors affecting rates of reaction
- Collision theory
- Activation energy
- Arrhenius equation
- Surface Chemistry
- Colloidal state
- Tyndall effect,
- Brownian movement,
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Principles and methods of extraction – concentration,
- reduction electrolytic method
- occurrence and principles of extraction of aluminium
- copper, zinc, and iron
- p-Block Elements
- Group 15 elements
- Group 16 elements
- Group 18 elements
- d and f Block Elements
- General introduction
- Coordination Compounds
- coordination number,
- magnetic properties and shapes,
- IUPAC nomenclature of mononuclear coordination compounds,
- Werner’s theory VBT, CFT; isomerism (structural and stereo)importance of coordination compounds (in qualitative analysis, extraction of metals and biological systems).
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Uses and environmental effects of–dichloromethane,
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Methods of Preparation
- Physical and Chemical Properties Uses
- Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
- Methods of Preparation
- Physical and Chemical Properties
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Cyanides and Isocyanides
- Diazonium salts
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Chemicals in Medicines
- Chemicals in Food
- Cleansing Agents
Biology cuet Syllabus 2023
Ever wondered about the secret world of cells, the marvels of DNA, or the wonders of ecosystems? You’re about to embark on a fantastic journey of discovery with the CUET Biology Syllabus 2023.
The study of life, known as Biology, offers a detailed exploration of the intricate workings of all living beings – from the smallest microorganisms to the tallest trees.
It lets you comprehend the interconnections between all living creatures and their environments.
For those CUET aspirants who’ve been searching for the Biology syllabus, we have you covered.
We’ve laid out all the CUET Biology chapters’ respective topics here.
The aim is not to memorize these topics but to understand and appreciate the beauty of life’s processes and complexities.
So, get ready to dive into the amazing world of Biology! Unveil the hidden layers of life and its diverse phenomena.
Here’s the much-awaited CUET Biology Syllabus for you:
- Reproduction in organisms
- Sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- Human Reproduction
- Reproductive health
- Genetics and Evolution
- Heredity and variation
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Health and Disease
- Improvement in food production
- Microbes in human welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Principles and process of Biotechnology,
- Application of Biotechnology in health and agriculture
- Ecology and environment
- Organisms and environment
- Biodiversity and its conservation
- Environmental issues
Computer Science/Informatics Practices Syllabus for CUET-2023
Are you ready to dive into the world of algorithms, decipher the code behind the screens, and master the digital universe? Welcome to the CUET Computer Science/Informatics Practices Syllabus for 2023!
Computer Science and Informatics Practices offer a gateway to an understanding of the digital world that surrounds us. They introduce you to the science of problem-solving and the art of programming. The field is all about designing and utilizing computational systems to make our lives easier, and it’s evolving.
We’ve got what you need for all the CUET aspirants who’ve been hunting for the Computer Science/Informatics Practices syllabus.
We’ve compiled all the sections of the CUET Computer Science/Informatics Practices syllabus and their associated chapters. Remember, the goal isn’t to learn these subjects, but to understand them, to think like a computer, and to find solutions to problems.
So, gear up and put your thinking caps on! Time to delve into the intricacies of Computer Science and Informatics Practices!
Here’s the CUET Computer Science/Informatics Practices Syllabus laid out for you:
- Section A
- Exception and File Handling in Python
- Database Concepts
- Structured Query Language
- Computer Networks
- Section B1: Computer Science
- Chapter 1: Exception and File Handling in Python
- Chapter 2: Stack
- Chapter 3: Queue
- Chapter 4: Searching
- Chapter 5: Sorting
- Chapter 6: Understanding Data
- Chapter 7: Database Concepts
- Chapter 8: Structured Query Language
- Chapter 9: Computer Networks
- Section B2: Information Practices
- Chapter 1: Database Query using SQL
- Chapter 2: Data Handling using Pandas – I
- Chapter 3: Data Handling using Pandas – II
- Chapter 4: Plotting Data using Matplotlib
- Chapter 5: Introduction to Computer Networks
- Chapter 6: Societal Impacts
- Chapter 7: Data Communication
- Chapter 8: Security Aspects
Environmental Science CUET Syllabus in 2023
- Human Beings and Nature
- Social ecology [Marxist environmentalism and socialist ecology (Barry Commoner)]
- Modern schools of ecological thought
- Stewardship of land (e.g. Wendell Berry).
- Deep ecology (Gary Snyder, Earth First) vs shallow ecology
- Green Politics (e.g. Germany and England)
- Sustainable Development
- Population and Conservation Ecology
- Population dynamics
- Human populations (Malthusian model and demographic transition).
- Threats to the ecosystem
- Conservation: importance and concepts
- Monitoring Pollution
- Pollution monitoring
- Monitoring the atmosphere: techniques
- International and national air quality standards
- Water testing
- Soil testing
- World Development
- Urban-rural divide
- A critical appraisal of the conventional development paradigm from the viewpoints of sustainability, environmental impact, and equity: Definition of Development.
- A case study of the Gandhian approach in terms of its aims and processes.
- Urban environmental planning and management
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Traditional Agriculture in India
- Colonial influence,
- Transportation of Food,
- Food processing – Definition,
- food preservation,
- packaging, grading.
- Food adulteration and Food additives-definitions; types of adulteration, harmful effects of adulteration.
- Quality Marks – ISI (Indian Standard Institute); AGMARK (Agricultural Marketing); FPO(Fruit Product Order) – a brief explanation only.
- Traditional Agriculture in India
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- GNP vs other forms of measuring income.
- Definition: resources; scarcity and growth; natural resource accounting.
- Externalities: cost-benefit analysis (social, ecological).
- Externalities – definition, kinds (positive and negative), impacts.
- Economic status and welfare (net economic welfare, natural capital, ecological capital, etc.)
- EPR (Extended Producer Responsibility) -definition, examples, advantages.
- Natural capital regeneration.
- International Relations and the Environment
- Trans-national characteristics of environmental issues using a case study of Amazonia, Ozone Depletion, and Trade in Wild Life.
- Impact of international politics, national sovereignty, and interest
- International trade
- International aid
Engineering Graphics CUET Syllabus in 2023
Are you ready to dive into the exciting world of Engineering Graphics? Buckle up, because the CUET 2023 syllabus for Engineering Graphics is here to guide your voyage. This subject is like learning a new language—the language of visualisation- the language all engineers speak. It teaches you how to translate the three-dimensional world into two-dimensional drawings—incredibly useful skills for any budding engineer.
We understand that preparing for CUET can seem daunting, but having the right syllabus can make a world of difference. That’s why we’ve got the entire CUET Engineering Graphics syllabus, broken down into chapters and topics, all set for you. It’s designed to help you master the art of drafting, 3D modelling, and design—core skills you’ll use throughout your engineering career.
So, gear up, engineers of the future! Let’s get to designing, drafting, and visualising.
Here’s the CUET Engineering Graphics Syllabus for your reference:
CUET Engineering Graphics
- Isometric Projection of Solids
- Construction of isometric scale showing main divisions of 10mm and smaller divisions of 1mm, also showing the leading angles.
- Isometric projection (drawn to isometric scale) of solids such as cube;
- regular prisms and pyramids (triangular, square, pentagonal, and hexagonal);
- Keep the solid’s base side parallel or perpendicular to HP/VP.
- The axis of the solid should be either perpendicular to HP / VP or parallel to HP and VP.
- Drawing to full-size scale with instruments.
- Combination of any two above-mentioned solids keeping the base side parallel or perpendicular to HP/VP and placed centrally together (the Axis of both the solids should not be given parallel to HP).
- Machine Drawing (Machine Parts)
- Drawing to full-size scale with instruments.
- Introduction of threads: Standard profiles of screw threads – Square, Knuckle, B.S.W.,
- Metric (external and internal);
- Bolts – Squarehead, Hexagonal head; Nuts – Squarehead, Hexagonal head;
- Plain washer; a combination of nut and bolt with or without a washer for assembling two parts.
- Free-hand sketches
- Free-hand sketches Conventional representation of external and internal threads;
- Types of studs – Plain stud, Square-neck stud, Collar stud;
- Types of rivets – Snap head, Flathead, Pan head (without tapered neck), 600 Counter Sunk Flathead.
- Rod Joint
- Cotter joints for round rods (Sleeve and cotter joint)
- Cotter joints for square rods (Gib and cotter joint)
- Tie-rod and Pipe-joint
- Flange pipe joints are to be shown.