Dance syllabus for CBSE: The purpose of the theory and practical lesson in the forms of Indian Classical Dance, Indian Traditional Dance, Drama, or Theater is to acquaint students with the literary background and history of Indian dance art in general, and the type of dry dance drama offered in particular.
It is envisaged that the students undertaking these courses will receive initial training in some way, either within the school system or in informal education. The Central Board of Secondary Education is an All-India Organization with schools throughout the country.
To meet the needs of schools, various forms or regional styles are included in the syllabus. Schools can donate ANY STYLE. Since the syllabus is closely linked to culture, teachers should become familiar with aspects of Indian cultural history and its writings’ ancient and medieval periods.
The students may offer anyone style from the following:
INDIAN CLASSICAL Dance syllabus for CBSE
Kathak Dance syllabus for CBSE
A brief history of other classical dance styles
Basic understanding of the term ABHINAYA and definition of its four aspects: Angika, Vachika, Acharya, Satvika.
An acquaintance of the three gharanas of Kathak dance (Lucknow, Jaipur, Banaras)
Rasa: definition and explanation of following terms: (short note) sangeet, tal, laya, angahara, bhramari, lokadharmi, natyadharmi, rasa knowledge of the technical terminology of the
Definition of the following:
- Chakardar Toda rukraa andParan
- Knowledge of Theka of Dadra, Kaharwa, Roopak.
- Definition of Tali, Khali, Sam,
- Ability to notate a TukraasToda
- Acquaintance with the traditional costumes
Bharatnatyam Dance syllabus for CBSE
Acquaintance with the life history of the chief exponents and contributors of the past Dance form. (Rukmini Devi Arundale, Balasraswati, Meenakshi Sundaram Pillai, Tanjorequartette)
Acquaintance with the contents of the Abhinaya Darpana. (The chapters and the aspects of dance dealt with within them).
Knowledge of the following terms:
- Nritta, Nritya, Natya (Sanskrit slokas from the Abinaya Darpana and basic definition), Tandava (7 tandavas with detailed stories), Lasya, Lokadharmi, Natyadharmi (Definitions with examples), Sthana,
- Chari, Mandala, Bharmari, Utplavana (Slokas and meaning from
- Abhinaya (Angika, Vachika, Satvika, Aharya-slokas from the Abinaya Darpana along with the meaning)
- Sangeeta, Tala, Laya (Definition of the term, seven talams, threelayams)
Rasa (names of the nine rasas and their English meanings)
- Knowledge of the technical terminology of the particular Dance form (anyone to be studied by the Dance style offered)-
- Definitions of the following: araimandi, muzhumandi, kuttanam, korvai, karvai, adavu, shollu, aradhi, theerumanam, jati, jaati, gati, avartana, yati, taalanga, thattukazhi, nattuvangam,arangetram)
- Acquaintance with the traditional costumes and make-up of the Dance.
Kuchipudi Dance syllabus for CBSE
- A brief history and acquaintance with some traditional dance forms of the region, other than the one offered
- Acquaintance with the life history of the chief exponents of the dance form, past and present.
- Knowledge of the following terms:
- Nritta, Nritya, Natya, Tandava, Lasya, Lokadharmi, Natyadharmi
- Chaturvidha Abhinaya (Angika, Vachika, Satyika, Aharya) with special reference to Mukhaja
- Sanchari Bhava, Sattvika Bhava
- Types of compositions and formats used in Kuchipudi Definitions of thefollowing: (a) Rangapuja, Shabdam,Ashthapadi, Kalaapam, (Bhaama Kalaapam, GollaKalaapam).
Odissi Dance syllabus for CBSE
Brief notes on the lives and contributions of the three Gurus: Guru Pankaj Charan Das, Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra, and Guru Deba
An elementary introduction to the texts; Natya Shastra, Abhinaya Darpana, and Abhinaya Chandrika: a) Identification of the author (approximate date) b) Basic overview of the broad areas covered in the context of each text. c) Myths regarding the origin of dance according to
- Basic understanding of the term ABHINAYA and definition of its four aspects: Angika, vachika, acharya
Rasa: Definition and a short explanation of the Short notes on:
- The Acharya
- The music accompaniment
- A brief explanation of the following terms: (Unit IV ClassXI)
Nritta, Nritya andNatya
Matra, Laya, Taal, Avartana, Vibhaga(Anga)
Tandava and Lasya d) Natyadharmi andLokdharmi
Write some names of Folk Dances of Odisha
Elementary knowledge about the three styles of Chhau: Mayurbhanj.
Seraikella and Purulia.
Manipuri Dance syllabus for CBSE
- Acquaintance with the life history of chief exponents past and present of the dance form.
- Acquaintance with the contents of
- Knowledge of the following terms:
- Nritta, Nritya, Tandava, Lasya, Loka Dharmi, NatyaDharmi.
- Abhinaya: Angika, Vachika, Aharya
- Rasa: Sthayi Bhava,
1. Knowledge of technical terms of the style:
- Chali, Bhangi, Longlei,Uplei
- Different kinds of Choloms: Kartal Cholom, Khubak Isei Cholom. Pung Cholom.
- Different Talas, Rajmel, Menkup, Tanchap.
- Different kinds
2. Acquaintance with the traditional costumes makes up for the dance style
- Potloi and its different components for Radha and Gopis
- Typical traditional makeup for Manipuri classical dances with an emphasis on Vaishnava
Q. Is CBSE released the syllabus for 2022 23?
Answers. Students and teachers can now access the 2022-23 academic year syllabus on the official website board-CBSE academic.nic.in. New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced the 2022-23 academic year syllabus.
Q. What is the meaning of No of periods in the syllabus?
Answers. It means a given unit can be completed within the dates mentioned above. As an Electrostatic, it can be completed in 22 days.
Q. Is 80% good in CBSE?
Answers. You do not need to worry. 80% is not a bad percentage. I know in these years, when everyone gets the highest score, you will feel depressed. It is useless if you lose confidence in comparing your results with others.
- Dance syllabus for CBSE class 12
- CBSE Class 12 Entrepreneurship Syllabus: Everything You Need to Know
- New CBSE Class 12 Fine Arts Syllabus Includes 2022-23
- Syllabus of Class 10 Carnatic Music Melodic Instruments – Complete Coverage
- CBSE Board Class XII 12th Music Melodic Instruments Syllabus & Music Theory notes