Steps to take admission to IIT:
- You have to first appear for the JEE Main exam
- Then give the JEE Advanced exam
- Need to obtain All India Rank (AIR)
Eligibility for IIT
As we have discussed the steps students need to take to get into an IIT, now we will focus on the Eligibility criteria for these exams. We will discuss JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced) eligibility separately for better understanding.
The eligibility criteria for the JEE Main Exam
You have to pass class 12th or any equivalent examination in one of the previous two years of the JEE (Main). Or else you have to appear in the class 12th or equivalent examination in the year in which the JEE (Main) is being conducted.
The eligibility criteria for the JEE Advanced Exam
JEE Advanced Exam: The eligibility requirement for this exam is that you must have passed the final class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognised Board of education with at least 75% marks, or you must have to be in the top 20 percentile of candidates who have passed the Class 12th Board examination from the same Board from which you have passed.
Admission Criteria for IIT
You will have to satisfy at least one of the following two criteria to take the admission to IITs:
- You should secure at least 75% marks in the Class XII Board examination.
- Or you have to be in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates in the respective Class 12th Board examination of a particular year.
Can I get admission to IIT without jee?
Yes, it is possible to get admission to IIT without giving JEE examination, but in the courses except for B. Tech.
The cost for IIT?
The total tuition IIT Fees paid in every IIT for the undergraduate courses per annum was 90000 INR for the General Category. The other charges may vary significantly, keeping the sum below INR 60000 per semester.
Can I join IIT after the 10th?
After clearing the 10th class, a student is not eligible for admission to any IIT program. The students must complete their Class 12th to be eligible for the JEE Main.
Is there any paid seat in IIT?
There is no management quota available in the IIT since they are government colleges, and they accept admission only through the entrance exam.
How to get admission to IIT after the 12th?
To get admission into the IIT after the class 12th, the student must first appear and clear the JEE Main entrance exam. After clearing JEE Main, the next step is to appear for the JEE Advanced exam. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency twice a year in January and April.
- Dance syllabus for CBSE class 12
- CBSE Class 12 Entrepreneurship Syllabus: Everything You Need to Know
- New CBSE Class 12 Fine Arts Syllabus Includes 2022-23
- Syllabus of Class 10 Carnatic Music Melodic Instruments – Complete Coverage
- CBSE Board Class XII 12th Music Melodic Instruments Syllabus & Music Theory notes