How to study NCERT for UPSC preparation with the Best Way
How to study NCERT for UPSC preparation: There is no doubt that NCERT books are a wealth of information, although they are designed for school students and cover relevant topics that are an integral part of the UPSC syllabus. To help UPSC candidates learn important topics, they are among the most popular books to be read in preparation for the UPSC. From Biodiversity to Geography and from the millennium to modern politics, NCERT writers have incorporated all the essentials in their books.
how to read NCERT for UPSC: The content of the NCERT books is understandable and very reliable. The language of books makes it easy to memorize and provides a wealth of information on a variety of important topics and ultimately helps to build a solid foundation.
For beginners, it is advisable to start with these books before starting with the standard references. Most IAS students and teachers consider these books to be important in preparing for the UPSC exam.
Besides study, data collection is one of the most time-consuming activities. Candidates often find it difficult to track PDF documents, which is why we have provided all the important information needed about NCERT in this article.
From reading tips to links to all mandatory books, we’ve talked about everything you need to know.
We should consider NCERT books from grades 6 to 12 as it is not necessary to cover complete books. We aim to make things easier by not only listing books but also relevant articles in books that will help you navigate your many Prelims and Mains topics. The NCERT textbooks do not cover the entire syllabus of public servants but cover a number of important issues. Also, we have organized the catalogues appropriately for your consideration.
Here is a list of NCERT books recommended by UPSC teachers and students:
There is a lot of information that needs to be put together as part of the UPSC syllabus. Finding the right sources of information can be a real challenge. Here, we have compiled a smart list on the topic of NCERT publications that are most relevant to the preparation of the UPSC.
Paper I (General Studies)
INDIAN SOCIETY BOOKS (SOCIOLOGY AND SOCIAL STUDIES)
Understanding science after public service is especially important if you wish to become a public servant. read NCERT 6th to 12th for UPSC pdf
NCERT books for UPSC amazon
- Indian Society: NCERT Class VI – Social Science: Social & Political Life I
- Indian Society: NCERT Class VII – Social Science: Social & Political Life II
- Indian Society: NCERT Class VIII – Social Science: Social & Political Life III
- Indian Society: NCERT Class XI – Sociology: Understanding Society
- Indian Society: NCERT Class XII – Indian Society
- Indian Society: NCERT Class XII – Social Change and Development in India
- NCERT Class 11 – Sociology Book – Introducing Sociology
- NCERT Class 11 – Sociology Book – Understanding Society
- NCERT Class 12 – Sociology Book – Indian Society
- NCERT Class 12 – Sociology Book – Social Change and Development in India
With the basic preparation of prelims and mains, students can start with NCERT history books, and begin, to prepare their history. These books have been shown to be of great benefit to students from the commercial or scientific fields.
- History: NCERT Class VI – Our Past – I
- History: NCERT Class VII – Our Past – II
- History: NCERT Class VIII – Our Past III
- History: NCERT Class IX – India and the Contemporary World – I
- History: NCERT Class X – India and the Contemporary World – II
- History: NCERT Class XI – Themes in World History
- History: NCERT Class XII – Themes in Indian History – I
- History: NCERT Class XII – Themes in Indian History – II
- History: NCERT Class XII – Themes in Indian History – III
Knowing Indian and World Geography is very important. The maps and information provided about the various climatic zones in the NCERT Geography literature help to answer many Geographical-related answers.
- Geography: NCERT Class VI – The Earth Our Habitat
- Geography: NCERT Class VII – Our Environment
- Geography: NCERT Class VIII – Resource and Development
- Geography: NCERT Class IX – Contemporary India – I
- Geography: NCERT Class X – Contemporary India – II
- Geography: NCERT Class XI – Fundamentals of Physical Geography
- Geography: NCERT Class XI – India – Physical Environment
- Geography: NCERT Class XII – Fundamentals of Human Geography
- Geography: NCERT Class XII – India – People and Economy
ART AND CULTURE BOOKS
- Art & Culture: NCERT Class XI – An Introduction to Indian Art
- Art & Culture: NCERT Class XI – Living Craft Traditions of India (Chapters 9 & 10)
Paper-II (General Studies)
Political Science covers the world’s legal and fundamental aspects, making it a very important topic.
- Polity: NCERT Class IX – Political Science: Democratic Politics Part – I
- Polity: NCERT Class X – Political Science: Democratic Politics Part – II
- Polity: NCERT Class XI – Political Science: Indian Constitution at Work
- Polity: NCERT Class XI – Political Science: Political Theory
- Polity: NCERT Class XII – Political Science I: Contemporary World Politics
- Polity: NCERT Class XII – Political Science II: Politics in India since Independence
Paper III (General Studies)
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY BOOKS
Having sufficient knowledge of general science is essential for the UPSC. To be able to answer questions related to science and technology you should refer to the NCERT science textbooks as they cover a wide range of information. You can download the books here.
- Science: NCERT Class VI
- Science: NCERT Class VII
- Science: NCERT Class VIII
- Science: NCERT Class IX
- Science: NCERT Class X
- Science: NCERT Class XI – Chemistry: Unit 14
- Science NCERT Class XI – Biology: Units 4 & 5
The theme of the Indian Economy incorporates current and past Indian economic features, making it an important topic. Basic knowledge is essential for UPSC tests.
- Economy: NCERT Class IX – Economics
- Economy: NCERT Class X – Understanding Economic Development
- Economy: NCERT Class XI – Indian Economic Development
- Economy: NCERT Class XII – Introductory Microeconomics
- Economy: NCERT Class XII – Introductory Macroeconomics
ENVIRONMENT & ECOLOGY BOOKS
- Science: Class XII – Biology: last four Chapters (13 to 16)
Paper IV (Ethics)
- NCERT Class 11 Psychology
- NCERT Class 12 Psychology
Does the UPSC ask questions directly to the NCERT?
Answers. Yes, that’s right. The UPSC asks questions from the NCERT and many times such questions were asked directly. Consider the 2016 Prelims case, in which there were more than 5 direct questions in NCERT publications!
Can we avoid the NCERT for UPSC?
Answers. No, we can’t avoid the k for UPSC. That would be a serious mistake. Important NCERT and the best books to start preparing for the UPSC. They form a basic foundation and can help you understand basic and vital aspects quickly.
How often should I read NCERT publications as part of the UPSC preparation?
Answers. At least one more time to grasp ideas and memorize them if needed.
- Dance syllabus for CBSE class 12
- CBSE Class 12 Entrepreneurship Syllabus: Everything You Need to Know
- New CBSE Class 12 Fine Arts Syllabus Includes 2022-23
- Syllabus of Class 10 Carnatic Music Melodic Instruments – Complete Coverage
- CBSE Board Class XII 12th Music Melodic Instruments Syllabus & Music Theory notes