Syllabus for Class 11 Chemistry: The National Council of Educational and Research Training releases Syllabus for Class 11 Chemistry. The NCERT Syllabus for the Class 11 Chemistry is available in pdf format on the official website of Scoringanswer.com. The students can download the complete syllabus and prepare for the exams accordingly.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 11 Chemistry
- This NCERT Syllabus for Class 11 Chemistry consists of overall 14 chapters that need to study for the annual and the terminal exams.
- This provides an idea about the important topics of the syllabus by going through the marking scheme.
- The Chemistry subject is the high weightage part of the entrance exams and the scholarship exams. In the KVPY scholarship exam, around 20 questions are asked in chemistry, which carries 25 marks.
- In this article, you will get the marking scheme, detailed syllabus and the paper pattern of Class 11 Chemistry.
The Marking Scheme of NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Syllabus:
|Chapter No.||Chapter name||Marks|
|1||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||11|
|2||Structure of Atom|
|3||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||4|
|4||Chemical Bonding and the Molecular Structure||21|
|5||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids|
|10||s -Block Elements|
|11||p -Block Elements|
|12||Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques||18|
Detailed NCERT syllabus for the Cass 11 Chemistry
Chapter 1. Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- The nature of Matter
- Uncertainty in the Measurement
- Atomic and Molecular
- The Mole Concept and the Molar Masses
- The Laws of Chemical Combinations
- Percentage Composition
- Dalton’s Atomic Theory
- Stoichiometry and the Stoichiometric Calculations
Chapter 2. Structure of Atom
- The Discovery of Sub-atomic Particles
- The Atomic Models
- The Developments Leading to the Bohr’s Model of an Atom
- The Bohr’s Model for the Hydrogen Atom
- The Towards Quantum Mechanical Model of the Atom
- The Quantum Mechanical Model of an Atom
Chapter 3. Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- The Genesis of Periodic Classification
- The Configurations of Elements and the Periodic Table
- The Modern Periodic Law and the present form of the Periodic Table
- The Nomenclature of the Elements with their Atomic Numbers greater than 100
- The Electronics
Chapter 4. Chemical Bonding and the Molecular Structure
- The Ionic or the Electrovalent Bond
- The Bond Parameters
- The VSEPR Theory
- The Valence Bond Theory
- The concept of Hybridisation
- The Molecular Orbital Theory
- Bonding in Some Homonuclear Diatomic Molecules
- The detailed study of Hydrogen Bonding
Chapter 5. States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- The Intermolecular Forces vs the Thermal Interactions
- The Gaseous State
- The Gas Laws
- The Ideal Gas Equation
- The Kinetic Energy and the Molecular Speeds
- The Kinetic Molecular
- The Theory of Gases
- The behaviour of the Real Gases
- The Liquefaction of Gase
- The Liquid State
Chapter 6. Chemical Thermodynamics
- Thermodynamic Terms
- The first law of thermodynamics
- Enthalpies for Different Types of Reactions
- Gibbs Energy Change and Equilibrium
Chapter 7. Equilibrium
- The Equilibrium in the Chemical and physical Process
- Dynamic Equilibrium
- The Equilibrium constant
- The Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Equilibria
- The Factors Affecting Equilibrium
- Ionic Equilibrium
- The Buffer Solutions
Chapter 8. Redox Reactions
- Oxidation and Reduction Reactions
- The redox reactions
- The oxidation Number
- The Redox Reactions and Electrode Processes
Chapter 9. Hydrogen
- The Position of Hydrogen in the Periodic Table
- Dihydrogen – Preparation and Properties
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Heavy Water
Chapter 10. s -Block Elements
- Introduction of Group 1 and Group 2 Elements
- The General Characteristics
- Anomalous Properties of Lithium and Beryllium
- Some Important Compounds of the Sodium and Calcium
Chapter 11. p -Block Elements
- The Group 13 Elements – The Boron Family
- The Important Trends and Anomalous Properties of Boron
- TheUses of Boron and Aluminium and their Compounds.
- Group 14 Elements – Carbon Family, Important Trends
- Abnormal Behaviour and Allotropes of Carbon
Chapter 12. Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- General Introduction
- Tetravalence of Carbon: Shapes of the Organic Compounds
- The Structural Representations
- The Classification and the Nomenclature of Organic Compounds
- The study of Isomerism
- The Methods of Purification
- Qualitative Analysis and Quantitative Analysis of the Organic Compounds
Chapter 13. Hydrocarbons
- The Classification
- Aromatic Hydrocarbon
- Carcinogenicity and Toxicity
Chapter 14. Environmental Chemistry
- The Environmental Pollution
- The Atmospheric Pollution
- The Water Pollution
- The Soil Pollution
- The Industrial Waste
- Strategies to control the Environmental Pollution
- The study of Green Chemistry
NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Paper Pattern with marking scheme:
- Very Short Answer Type Questions:
1 mark for each question, a total of 20 questions ( Total marks: 20×1=20 )
- Short Answer Type Questions:
7 marks for each question, a total of 2 questions ( Total marks: 7×2=14 )
- Long Answer-I type Questions:
7 marks for each question, a total of 3 questions ( Total marks: 7×3=21 )
- Long Answer-II type Questions:
3 marks for each question, a total of 5 questions ( Total marks: 3×5=15 )
- Total Questions:
A total of 37 questions are to be attempted. The total mark for the Claas 11 chemistry paper is 70.
Class 11th Chemistry Exercise Solution:
Practising class 11th chemistry question is a good way to do the practice. Most of the students try a lot of questions daily. Cross-checking your answer is also important. On Scoringanswer.com, you can access the NCERT book question solution PDF, which you can easily download.
Important topics of NCERT Syllabus for Class 11 Chemistry
- The chemical bonding
- Te chemical thermodynamics
- The organic chemistry
- The structure of an atom
- The reaction mechanism
- Importance of NCERT Books for UPSC Students
- Class 10 NCERT Maths Syllabus and Some Important Points.
- CBSE Class 12 Commerce Syllabus 2022-23
Q. Where can I get the NCERT syllabus online?
Ans: The syllabus is available on the official website Scoringanswer.com.
Q. Is the PDF of NCERT books of chemistry available online?
Ans: Yes, the Pdf of NCERT books are easily available on the official website of NCERT, and you can also find the same on Scoringanswer.com.
Q. How can I prepare for the Class 11 Chemistry exam?
Ans: You need to regularly practice the important topics and questions to prepare to write in the class 11 Chemistry exam.
Q. Is the NCERT syllabus changed for the current academic year?
Ans: The CBSE syllabus for the current academic year has been reduced since the NCERT has come up with a new academic calendar because of the Covid-19 lockdown.
Q. What are some NCERT books or other books for class 11th chemistry?
Ans: NCERT chemistry, physical chemistry by O.P. Tandon.
Organic chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for organic chemistry, Modern’s ABC of chemistry for class 11th and 12th, Concise inorganic chemistry by J. D. Lee for inorganic chemistry and Dinesh Chemistry are some books good for class 11th chemistry.
- Dance syllabus for CBSE class 12
- CBSE Class 12 Entrepreneurship Syllabus: Everything You Need to Know
- New CBSE Class 12 Fine Arts Syllabus Includes 2022-23
- Syllabus of Class 10 Carnatic Music Melodic Instruments – Complete Coverage
- CBSE Board Class XII 12th Music Melodic Instruments Syllabus & Music Theory notes