Hello Aspirants, how are all your preparations going? Most of the aspirants have this question “How to study, what to study & from where should we start to Prepare for CUET Exam 2023 Exam?”
We have answered all your queries in this section, which will provide you with every detail to crack your exam. CUET 2023 is an all-India entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency.
As of 2023, the exam will be conducted in two slots of 195 minutes and 225 minutes each. The exam is divided into three sections – the Languages test, the Domain Specific test, and the General test.
To crack the CUET 2023 entrance exam, a candidate must prepare appropriately for it. The candidate is even more likely to succeed if they receive the learned guidance when studying independently.
Some sample papers, mock tests, and previous years’ question papers can help aspirants prepare for the various sections of the examination. Candidates can succeed in CUET 2023 with proper planning and strategy.
The steps to prepare for CUET exam 2023
- Preparation can be very fruitful if it is done at an early stage. As the CUET entrance test approaches its final days, candidates now have ample time to put their preparation into practice and further enhance their knowledge.
- To prepare for the CUET exam, you should know the exam pattern to know what topics to study in advance. Candidates can see in detail the topics and questions that will be asked during the entrance exam.
- It is essential for an aspirant must practice mock tests to prepare themselves for CUET 2023. As a result, it is easier to analyse the overall preparation. It is highly recommended that candidates review the CUET Mock Test section to gain a deeper understanding of the purpose of these tests.
- If you’re serious about acing the CUET in 2023, then practising mock tests, sample papers, and previous years’ mock tests should be at the top of your to-do list.
- This will help you improve your skills and performance, giving you a better chance of success. Remember, practice makes perfect!
- It is essential to practice rigorously to manage your time. There will be two exam slots, 195 minutes and 225 minutes. The aspirants must solve the questions quickly. Time management is critical.
- You should develop a comprehensive study plan to strategise their preparation according to their learning and revision needs.
Mastering the Steps to Prepare for CUET Exam 2023
The following information for the CUET 2023 recruitment process will be helpful:
What is the best way to prepare for the CUET 2023 Language Test?
Language subjects are included in section I of CUET 2023. Candidates preparing for the CUET 2023 exam have a choice of 32 languages.
Therefore, the candidate has a wide range of options to choose from. Our objective is to provide general tips on preparing for this section.
- To score well on the language test, candidates should focus on improving their vocabulary and grammar. Every day, candidates should practice at least two reading comprehension passages.
- Once you understand the grammar, the next step is to learn it. Candidates must be proficient in grammar, as each language has its grammar. Candidates should therefore have a solid knowledge of grammar in writing and orally.
- Improve your vocabulary by speaking English with your family and friends. Reading the newspaper daily for 45 minutes is also necessary to prepare for the language test.
How to prepare for CUET 2023 Domain Subjects?
CUET 2023 Exam consists of domain subjects as per section 2. It provides specific courses for aspirants to apply to their desired universities. There are a total of 27 domain subjects from which aspirants can choose. Below are the tips to prepare for the CUET 2023 section 2:
- First, candidates must look at the overall syllabus for subjects in their chosen field. After analysing the entire course, it’s time to select suitable study materials. These can be NCERT books or online study materials.
- The most relevant books covering the complete system will help you save time and quickly pass the exam.
- For domain topics, NCERT books have higher priority. Besides NCERT books, candidates can take notes in a notebook or M.S. Word.
- Aspirants must practice the MCQs that appear in the 12th exam of the Ncert course.
How to prepare for CUET 2023 Section 2 General test?
Section 3 consists of a General test comprised of general aptitude. This section has four subjects: Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, and Current Affairs. The following are tips and tricks for these four subjects:
- Quantitative aptitude:
- Start your preparation with Arithmetic.
- Always concentrate on 1-2 books at a time.
- Practice improving your calculation speed.
- It’s essential to learn mind maps for solving specific questions.
- Note down all the necessary formulas and questions.
How to prepare for General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- Read the newspaper daily for current affairs.
- Always concentrate on one thing at a time.
- Read current affairs and static general knowledge daily.
- Make a note of all national and international happenings daily.
- Focus on COVID-related news. It is possible to ask questions about this topic.
How to prepare for Logical Reasoning (Logical & Analytical Reasoning and General Mental Ability):
- First, strengthen your base and start with easy topics like missing numbers, decoding, etc.
- After completing basic reasoning, start practising some engaging topics.
- Also, solve puzzles from reasoning quizzes.
- Solve complex questions during the preparation process.
- Practice the previous year’s questions and mock tests to understand your exam.
General Tips and Tricks for CUET Preparation
1. Understand the CUET exam.
Every entrance exam is unique. The first step before diving into “How do I prepare for CUET?” is to understand the exam you will be taking. This also applies to CUET. It allows you to enter the largest universities in the country.
Therefore, you must know about the exam format and the universities that take CUET. Candidates who pass the CUET 2022 exam will be admitted to prestigious CUET Universities and Colleges.
Candidates who have completed Year 12 can apply for admission to undergraduate programs using the CUET application form.
2. Explore CUET courses.
The second step is to understand the CUET syllabus. This will help you narrow down the material you need to cover. Check the priority and grade assigned to each piece of material.
The CUET syllabus is the first topic to cover before starting the learning process. If you need to familiarise yourself with the syllabus, you should learn the difference between what to study and what not to study. You can check the CUET syllabus for 2023
3. Prepare a timetable.
CUET is an entrance test for admission to undergraduate courses at Central Universities. The first essential motto of any exam is to begin early. Make a schedule to devote 90-120 minutes daily.
Even throughout the board examinations, have a strategy to maintain momentum. You will pass the exam if you stick to your schedule and routine. Consistency is key; follow your plan, and you will reap the rewards of your hard work.
Aspirants must practise mock tests daily, boosting their exam accuracy. These can help you know your potency and give you an idea of your shortcoming that you can improve and enhance.
Taking personal notes on each topic can make analysing easier. You can also divide the topics into difficult and easy sections.
Taking notes also helps you remember the subject matter as efficiently as possible. Also, writing down what you study increases your preparation.
Motivation is necessary to conquer any difficulty, even entrance exams. Think optimistically and realise how your performance on entrance exams can help outline your goals and future. Ask for guidance.
Contact an expert if needed. It’s essential to get sufficient relaxation and plan your studies so that you take regular breaks.
During these situations, you should indulge your interests and take a break from your daily routine. We also inspire students to breathe fresh air and spend time with family and friends.
You must be healthy and determined to pass CUET. Going to bed and waking up on time is crucial to put you on the right path to success.
6. Important mark about revisions
- Identify any problem you must refocus on.
- Develop a plan that covers such topics.
- Look at the most challenging parts of the subject first.
- Then, you can refer to mock test papers. This assists with time management.
- Check the previous year’s exam papers to determine critical themes/questions.
- Try to know the structure of the work.
- Continue to revise the topics you are good at before the exam.
Best Books for CUET 2023 Preparation:
Besides NCERT Books, the candidate should keep a standard study guide specialised for the CUET exam. Below is the list of highly recommended books for CUET 2023 preparation:
- English Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy
- Analytical Skills
- Complete Mathematics by Lucent
- Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning – Arihant
- General Knowledge
- General Knowledge by Arihant
- Disha’s Rapid General Knowledge by Disha Experts
- Class 11th and 12th – NCERT
- Class 11th and 12th – NCERT
- Class 12 Modern ABC of Chemistry
- For Grade 12, use Dinesh Companion Chemistry.
- Textbook of Organic and Inorganic Chemistry- Dr O.P Tandon
- 11th and 12th – NCERT
- Biology @ Your Fingertips by Rahul Chawla
- Biology for Class 12 by Arihant.
- Arihant Skills in Mathematics (set of 7 books)
- 11th and 12th – NCERT
- Sharma, RD (Class 12).
- The RS Aggarwal (Class 12).
- B.A. B.Ed.
- B.Ed. Entrance Examination Guide by R. Gupta
- Integrated B.Sc (Hons) M.Sc/B.Sc/Integrated M.Sc in Chemistry
- Class 11th and 12th NCERT books.
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering: Conventional and Objective Type by Khurmi R.S. and Gupta J.K.
- B.A. B.Ed.
- Class 11 and Class 12 NCERT Books
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – CUET-2023 Exam Preparation
Ans. According to the experts, you should start your CUET-2023 exam preparation along with your board exams.
Ans. The number of hours required to study for the CUET entrance exam depends on several factors, such as the individual’s learning pace and familiarity with the subject matter. However, studying at least 6-8 hours a day is recommended to prepare for CUET 2023.
Ans. Preparing for the CUET entrance exam 2023 in one month is possible, but it requires extensive work, dedication, and a well-planned study schedule. You should gather all the necessary study materials, including textbooks, notes, and sample papers. You should also make a study plan covering all the subjects and topics in the exam.
Finally, take practice tests to assess your progress and identify any weaknesses. Set aside time for rest to avoid burnout. This will help you stay focused and productive while studying.
Ans. For thorough preparation, aspirants must have sample papers, practice exams, and previous year’s study materials that can be used to prepare for the different parts of the exam.
Proper preparation and strategy can help candidates pass the CUET. It is up to students to decide if they need coaching.
Ans. The highest 100 percentiles were for English, followed by Political Science and Business Studies.
Biology, Economics and Psychology also had a good number of 100 percentile scorers. Other subjects included Hindi, Accountancy, Geography, History and Sociology.
The cut-off for these subjects is expected to be high in different colleges and universities.